Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ELLEN POMPEO IS HOLLYWOOD SPY'S FIRE ANGEL. NEW POLL - YOUR FAVOURITE BRITISH LADS!

Now this was an unusual poll. Thanks to her devoted fans (who lead a voting campaign all over Twitter) Ellen Pompeo has won HOLLYWOOD SPY's Fire Angel poll with stunning 40% of your 299 votes. She left behind her Marcia Cross (20%), Bryce Dallas Howard (16%) and Christine Hendricks (9%).
With her icy beauty and fiery hair, Ellen Pompeo has become one of the most popular TV actresses thanks to her tender, fragile and ethereal appearance in ultra successful "Grey's Anatomy". Having in mind her lovely charisma and talent I'm not really sure why she hasn't been a more frequent guest in Hollywood movies ( we've seen her in not so many movies - "Moonlight Mile", "Catch Me If You Can"), she would be a great actress in romantic movies and dramas. I hope it's not a curse of some kind, since she appeared in "Daredevil" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" but her roles were deleted from the final cuts in both movies. She truly is one of television's most mesmerizing fire angels!

Since we've spent more than a month choosing your favourite blonds, brunettes and redheads in Hollywood, I think we should now do one poll with gents. The new poll starts now and in the next two weeks we will be choosing your favourite BRITISH LAD among some of the most talented British actors of younger generation. Pick your candidate and vote: dashing Henry Cavill ("The Tudors"), adorable Hugh Dancy ("King Arthur", "Evening"), elegant Simon Woods ("Rome", "Cranford"), captivating Matthew Goode ("Watchmen", "Leap Year"), profound Jamie Bell ("Tintin", "Eagle of the Ninth"), ultra talented Tom Hardy ("Star Trek Nemesis", "Bronson"), beloved James McAvoy ("Atonement", "Wanted", "Penelope"), or the lucid Cillian Murphy ("Sunshine", "The Wind That Shakes The Barley", "Breakfast on Pluto"). Vote for your favourite British lad!

27 comments:

  1. "I'm not really sure why she hasn't been a more frequent guest in Hollywood movies"

    The reason she doesn't do movies is because she works on Grey's for 10 months out of the year and she says she doesn't want to be working on her time off :)

    But yay! I love her, I knew she'd win this. Her fans are really devoted :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ellen POMPEO, she rocks as actress and person plus she's gorgeous.
    She's not really a redhead but I'm happy that she win, it show how much people love her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But we've seen her colleagues, Patrick Dempsey and Catherine Heigl in movies quite often. I hope she will find some time to jump over to the big screen as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ellen is an amzingly beautiful and talented actress she deserves more recognition in holywood she is loved by so so many xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's absolutely stunning. I would love to see her as a redhead. I am a huge fan of hers. Her role in Moonlight Mile will always be my favorite. I just adore her as Meredith Grey. She is perfectly flawed and real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing against her but she doesn't have red hair, she's blonde. Just confused of why she would even be a choice on the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine Hendricks isn't really a redhead either but she was on the poll. I think DEZMOND chose the women who at one point were redheads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now isn't she a redhead in these lovely pics I've put in this post? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. @DEZMOND
    that is true about her colleagues but she also says she never wants to do a movie just to do a movie (like she used). Now that she has options, she wants a role that would mean something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope she would be one of those actresses that wait for the right role and then get an Oscar for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @DEZMOND God bless your word, we're a bunch of fans dying to see her on a movie screen.

    DEZMOND said...

    I hope she would be one of those actresses that wait for the right role and then get an Oscar for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is amazing how Ellenn sticks to the wall like that! Perhaps her back is sweaty and holding her in place. Nice photo, Dez ;)

    This is reminding me why I return to Hollywood Spy on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. RECOUNT! I DEMAND A RECOUNT! People have no taste when it comes to redheads, I swear. It's a shame too. They're such a beautiful group of women! Hendricks and Howard should have won this by miles.

    Alas, Dez, once again, nobody finds hot pictures of celebs as well as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Dez you got invaded by the Ellen Pompeo fan club. I also demand a recount!!! Bryce Dallas Howard is my unofficial winner muahahahaha (no offense ladies)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh also, once you are with hair colors, you should know go by eye colors! See how I'm helping your site uh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was it just me that voted for Julianne Moore then?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ellen is a gorgeous woman (even if I did vote for Marcia Cross, which makes me feel a little dirty). I'm always impressed with how understated her acting style is, which may be why people don't realise she's so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted for Julianne Moore too, but I don't mind that Ellen Pompeo won, she's great as Meredith. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Alan
    actually she doesn't really stick to that wall, I've turned the picture vertically instead of the original horizontal position, so that you can inspect the beauty a little bit better :)))

    @Univarn
    eh, it's a sad sight to behold when losers don't know how to lose with style :P
    What can I say, it requires some talent to find the right pics :)

    @Castor
    oh, for a second I thought you were going to suggest boob size instead of eye colour, or am I just reading your mind :)

    @Matty
    Julianne Moore had less than 10 votes, I guess you weren't devoted enough in voting for her :)

    @Andrew
    I also adore Marcia Cross, both as a person and as an actress. And Ellen really is gorgeous and talented.

    @Mike
    I'm sure you're boiling with rage that Ellen won, having in mind your obsession with Catherine Heigl :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Ellen/Meredith's hair was reddish in season one of Greys. Also the year she presented with Patrick at the Emmy's she was a redhead. I love her hair that color.But I think her best feature is her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not obsessed with Catherine Heigl, she's a traitress! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, yes, I forgot she left you in order to come to us, to Hollywood :PP

    ReplyDelete
  23. About the new poll for favourite Brit actors....neither James McAvoy nor Cillian Murphy is British. James is Scottish and Cillian is Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear, Anonymous, when it comes to Cillian, I admit I've remembered he was Irish (loved him in THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY) only after the poll has already started, but when it comes to McAvoy I see no problem here - British means English, Scottish and Welsh, and that is why I named the poll BRITISH lads not just ENGLISH lads.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow she sure is skiny its kinda weir thogh like those are her ribs! eww

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.