Thursday, April 29, 2010

NEW ROLES FOR SHIA LABEOUF, GREG KINNEAR, DWAYNE JOHNSON AND TOPHER GRACE

Today, HOLLYWOOD SPY brings you a bunch of casting news, with new projects for some of our favourite Tinseltown boys.
Young Shia LaBeouf will star in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman", a romantic action movie about a boy who falls in love with the one girl who will probably get him killed, and who has already been claimed by an insanely violent crime boss with a gang of thugs at his disposal. Using just his wit and charm he will woo the girl and save her from troubles.

Greg Kinnear will take the lead in The History Channel's mini-series "The Kennedys". He will portray President John F. Kennedy, Katie Holmes will play first lady Jacqueline Kennedy. Barry Pepper will play Robert Kennedy while Tom Wilkinson will play John and Robert's father, Joe Kennedy Sr.

Dwayne Johnson will star in "Protection" as a mercenary Mexico City security operative forced to smuggle the daughter of an under-threat, high ranking judge and the judge's chief legal counsel across the border while being pursued by corrupt cops, drug lords and white collar U.S. criminal forces.

Charming Topher Grace will join Richard Gere in "The Double", a film which describes the murder of a U.S. Senator by a shadowy Russian assassin long thought to be dead. Richard Gere will play a retired spy who made a career after hunting the Russian assassin, who now comes back to partner up with a young FBI agent played by Topher Grace.

6 comments:

  1. We are huge Shia LaBeouf fans. We have every movie he has ever played in. He is young but I think he will last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same is with me and Topher Grace :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cast for the Kennedy movie! I'm not really UP for another Kennedy movie, but I love Kinnear, and Barry Pepper is definitely underrated.

    I also really like Topher Grace, though I'd like to see him play a different role than the usual. He alwasy plays it the same! That's fine, if that's his gig. He's always enjoyable.

    Not a Shia LaBeouf fan. Maybe it's the ridiculous name?

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chels, I still don't know how to pronounce Shia's surname :)
    I adore Topher, he's totally adorable, and I do think he'll do a dramatic role sooner or later.

    When it comes to Kennedy, I must admit I can't stand Katie Holmes .... and it's not just because of her wacko hubby :) But I believe that Greg Kinnear is also underrated, we should be seeing more of him in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see Topher Grace! I am surprised he isn't in more movies. Love him on TV and film.
    Also, I bet the History Channel is going to get lots of viewers for The Kennedys. I'll be interested to see Kinnear's take on JFK. I'm sure he will be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Kelly, welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY ;)
    I totally agree with you both on Topher and on Greg.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.