Wednesday, May 19, 2010

DREW BARRYMORE TO DIRECT "SURRENDER DOROTHY", A SEQUEL TO "WIZARD OF OZ"

Now this sounds charming. According to "Pajiba", Warner Brothers and Drew Barrymore's production company "Flower Films" have decided to resurrect their idea of making a sequel to "Wizard of Oz" in which she previously also had the lead role reserved for her, but they will now try to find some younger actress. Drew will use "Surrender Dorothy" as her second directing attempt after "Whip It". "Surrender Dorothy" will follow Dorothy's great-great- granddaughter who must learn how to use the power of ruby red slipper to keep the Wicked Witch of the West from taking control of the kingdoms of Earth and Oz.

9 comments:

  1. That would be an interesting sequel. And I think another actress would be better as Dorothy. I just don't picture Drew as Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she knows her limits - Drew is not a young lady anymore.

    Been a while since anyone tackled an Oz movie. Remember Return to Oz back in the 80's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I thought she did pretty well with "Whip It" as a director, I'm not convinced that "Wizard of Oz" sequel is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kelly
    I think they mentioned miss Page from WHIP IT as a possible candidate, but I would prefer someone else, someone more interesting and cute.

    @Alex
    not young??? You are fresh as daisy till you turn 40 or 45 :))))

    @Neb
    well, personally, as somebody who didn't grew up in USA, I've never got obsessed with WIZARD OF OZ, so I'm not hyped about the original movie, but I guess I could enjoy some new, modern twist of the old story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's probably a bit too ambitious to take on such an iconic story and rework it for only her second film. She should probably step back and produce this and let a more seasoned director take the helm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have liked Drew. And is that Aslan behind her? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avalon, it's not Aslan, it's the Beast and she's the Beauty in the famous Ennie Lebovitz fairy-tale photo shoot with celebrities :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know, I just meant he resembles him in a joking manner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, yes, when you're not seeing Ben everywhere, then you're seeing Aslan everywhere :PP

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.