Friday, August 26, 2011

GERARD BUTLER & KATHERINE HEIGL IN "ROMANCING THE STONE" REBOOT? CHRISTIAN BALE IN "A STAR IS BORN" WITH BEYONCE? ADAM SANDLER IS BOTH "JACK AND JILL" IN THE NEW COMEDY TRAILER

Now, as you know, your Hollywood Spy loves romcoms and you just have to deal with it :) But what I also love are romantic adventures like the MUMMY or ROMANCING THE STONE. As you remember I've
mentioned a couple of times that the later one is getting a remake. The famous classic from the 80's followed a mousy romance novelist who goes to the jungles of Colombia to exchange a treasure map for her kidnapped sister but there she meets an irreverent soldier-of-fortune who helps helps her in her mission and then brings her back to civilization. Now, here's the great news: as "MovieWeb" reports, Gerard Butler could take Michael Douglas' original role, while Kathleen Turner's role could now go to Katherine Heigl. As you recall, two of them already had  great chemistry in THE UGLY TRUTH film.

SHORT HOLLYWOOD HEADLINES
One of the projects that ultra talented Christian Bale could take on after he finishes that horrid dark saga (you know which I have in mind) is, believe it or not, the remake of A STAR IS BORN in
which, if he accepts the role, he would star alongside divalicious Beyonce in the musical about a young singer who seeks the help from an older rock star. The remake is, again believe it or not, being directed by Clint Eastwood. Super charming comedian Rob Corddry has joined gorgeous young people Teresa Palmer and Nicholas Hoult in WARM BODIES which follows an existentially tormented zombie who falls for the girlfriend of one of his victims and decides to protect her from his brain-eating brethren as he begins to reconnect with his dormant humanity.

I don't have any other trailer to show you today, but the latest one for Adam Sandler's hilarious new comedy JACK AND JILL which premieres this November. You will also see Al Pacino, Katie Holmes and Shaquille O'Neal, in the story about Jack Sadelstein, a successful advertising executive in Los Angeles with
a beautiful wife and kids, who dreads one event each year: the Thanksgiving visit of his identical twin sister Jill. Jill’s neediness and passive-aggressiveness is maddening to Jack, turning his normally tranquil life upside down. Now, what's so special about the whole film? Adam Sandler plays both Jack and Jill in he movie :)

28 comments:

  1. "...an existentially tormented zombie who falls for the girlfriend of one of his victims and decides to protect her from his brain-eating brethren as he begins to reconnect with his dormant humanity."

    Best thing I've read all day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with l.g. i actually have hopes for warm bodies since you mentioned it awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in "Romancing the Stone" should be great~ I love the idea of Jack n' Jill...Adam reminds me of my brother~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al Pacino and Adam Sandler? Gawd, shoot me now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did not know that.....
    JACK AND JILL looks great :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dezmond -- Regarding Jack and Jill, I direct you to these two ALTERNATE trailers. Watch them. trust me; it's worth it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YNuVvVprw

    AND....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKSAvNOIaNo

    And, for the record, I LOVE Katherine Heigl. I don't care what anyone says about her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh, not really interested in any of these I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet Ruth will be happy with that news. I am not sure I can stomach another remake though

    And I don't really like Hiegl anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romancing the Stone remake, not really needed but not bad casting though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first Romancing the Stone with Michael Douglas and all the sequels. Can't wait to see what happens with it. I couldn't watch Jack and Jill but I'll check it out on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Luanne
    he he ... it is an interesting plot isn't it? Showing drama around zombies instead the horror around them :) As Vics bellow you said, I've mentioned the project a couple of times last year and people seem to like the idea

    @Vics
    it could be a nice film especially with those three extremely cute and charming actors.

    @Ella
    he he hope you don't remind your brother of Jill :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Libby
    well he hasn't yet chosen the role ... so he might not get it after all :) If I remember correctly Russell Crowe was also in the run for the role earlier

    @Debra
    :) I heard that a lot, but if you ask me personally in that pair, Adam is a way better actor than the egocentric and self-observed Al Pacino :)

    @Sylar
    glad you liked the trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Drew
    I've seen one of the alternative trailers last night at YouTube and didn't really get it :)
    Nice to see at least some fans of Heigl ...I've never understood why Americans hate her that much

    @DWei
    sorry to hear that, better luck next time :) It has been an extremely poor week when it comes to news since August and January are usually the dead zones in the gossip department :(

    @Mason
    every day brings a new remake

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Scott
    she probably will be, but I think she doesn't like Heigl, if I remember correctly she though Heigl and Butler had a bad chemistry in THE UGLY TRUTH although I think they were match made in heaven :)

    @Lurk
    it's a nice cast, isn't it?

    @Clarissa
    I also loved all three parts of the adventure film back a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remaking ROMANCING THE STONE? Why?! Also, seriously, why all the hate for Batman?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just hate dark, visionless, morbid, violence and aggression inspiring and promoting films with horrid directors and bad acting performances. And I hate when forces of evil steal the charm and magic from the films, and what I hate even more is when they set it as a trend and poison young people with things they should not be poisoned :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really excited about the remake of Romancing the Stone... one of my all-time favorite romcoms. And what great casting. I was never a fan of A Star is Born though... not sure why. But the thought of Adam Sandler as Jack and Jill makes me laugh out loud. I'll take a look at the trailer after I post this.

    But more zombies? I guess zombies are the new vampire... yeesh.

    And I wondered how your head was after I saw that Russian transport rocket crashed to earth. At first I thought the news said Serbia. Then I realized it was Siberia, and I sighed with relief knowing your unsuspecting head was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the 1st Romancing the Stone. Although, I kind of wish they'd quit making remakes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, Al Pacino... what happened to you man? I can't believe he's reduced himself to this crap.

    I can't hack Katherine Heigl but that picture has made me see her in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't see myself getting interested in Romancing the STone. And i think both Bale and Beyonce could do much better than a remake focusing on a concept that has been done many times already. And as for batman, i think that will be another tying we just disagree on.

    I saw the trailer for Jack & Jill a while ago...and i honestly cannot say i have any real interest in it.

    Warm Bodies however sounds right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  21. They're remaking Romancing the Stone?

    I really need to stop reading movie news. It's so depressing. Not an original thought in Hollywood's head.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Doralynn
    ROMANCING THE STONE remake should be nice, if they stick with this casting from the post :)
    And fortunately from me, Serbia is a continent away from Siberia :)

    @Mary
    not sure Hollywood will fulfill your wish :)

    @Movies
    you mean you didn't know she actually had lots of nude pics before she became a star with GREY'S ANATOMY? :) Google it, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Dirty
    yep, both Beyonce and Bale could do better, but it would be nice hearing them sing together in a movie :)

    @Diane
    what? Are you saying you will stop reading my news? :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Isn't The Ugly Truth was...ehm...bad? at least that what Ruth was saying. I haven't seen it yet.
    So...why do producer want to mix them together again...I wonder ;)

    Bale with Beyonce sounds unusual pair...but might be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah, Ruth is just jealous (hope she's reading this :)))
    It wasn't the best of films but it wasn't bad either, they had lovely chemistry and I kept waiting for them to kiss :) but Gerry does have a great chemistry with all ladies. He'd probably have a chemistry with a gay partner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha...Ruth you have to read this!!!! ;)

    Hmm...he has a handsome gay partner in Rock n Rolla...but the chemistry during the dance with Tom Hardy is not strong ;)ve to read this!!!! ;)

    Hmm...he has a handsome gay partner in Rock n Rolla...but the chemistry during the dance with Tom Hardy is not strong ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.