Monday, May 14, 2012

SAM CLAFLIN JOINS "THE QUIET ONES"! MAX BROWN JOINS KRISTIN KREUK'S IN CW'S REALISTIC "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST", DARIUS CAMPBELL JOINS CHRIS EGAN & RUTH BRADLEY IN ABC'S FANTASY "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST"

One of HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite of the fresh new faces in the film world definitely is young Brit Sam Claflin whose career we've been following from
the beginning. The adorable lad has played helpless Richard in THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH only to be noticed there by the producers of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ON STRANGER TIDES who then decided that he shall replace Orlando Bloom in the famous franchise. You will see him this summer next to Charlize Theron and Chris Hunksworth in SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN where he, naturally, plays the prince. And now, according to latest news, Sam Claflin will also star in THE QUIET ONES. The supernatural thriller, inspired by true events, will tell the story of an unorthodox, but charismatic Professor (Jared Harris from MAD MEN) who uses controversial methods and leads his best students off the grid to take part in a dangerous experiment: to create a poltergeist from negative human energy.
HOLLYWOOD SPY TV NEWS
Continuing HOLLYWOOD SPY's reports on what's going on with the upcoming TV projects, after you saw glimpses into NBC's new shows,
here's something from CW: one of their most exciting new series currently being in production BEAUTY AND THE BEAST has added mesmerizing actor Max Brown to the cast. Unlike ABC's upcoming fantasy project on the same tale, CW's version is a reboot of the CBS series that was popular in the 1980’s and starred Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman. Kristin Kreuk has the lead role of Catherine, a tough-minded NYPD homicide detective who is haunted after witnessing her mother’s murder and the killers’ quick demise at the hands of a “Beast.” After years of searching, Catherine finally finds this Beast known as Vincent Koslow (Jay Ryan),
the survivor of a military experiment that went disastrously wrong. She gets to know Vincent and inevitably becomes the protector of his secret life as a superhero. Max Brown, whom you remember as Lord Edward Seymore from THE TUDORS, will play the role of Evan, a medical examiner who works with Catherine and has a slight crush on the detective.

On the other side, ABC's version of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, which will, following the enormous success of the channels hit show ONCE UPON A TIME, stick to the fantasy genre, also has new faces in the cast. It is interesting that they've also stuck their hands into the British pool of hunks in order to pick out Scottish singer Darius Campbell for the lead role of the Beast. He will now play Shiro, the mysterious beast and mercenary bodyguard who falls in love with the princess he must protect. Blond TV star Chris Egan has already been cast as Princess Grace’s finance, Gorrick. It is also interesting
 that the lead role of the Beauty will go to an unknown Irish actress Ruth Bradley. She will play the Belle-esque Grace, an embattled princess.

42 comments:

  1. Never watched the 1980's version of Beauty and the Beast. Doubt I'll watch these new ones either, though both stories sound sort of interesting. Just not my cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely watch ABC's version, since I do adore me some fantasy. But I think CW's version has a much much better cast :(

      Delete
  2. Two Beauty and the Beast shows in the same year, are we taking bets which one will last longer? My money is on the Kreuk one, just from her smallville fame or hate..lol

    Bringing a poltergeist to life huh? Not something I can say I'd really want to give a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet the ABC one, cat. ABC rarely fails with these kind of things, although I'm not sure they got the cast right :(

      Delete
    2. Yeah that's what I was thinking, as the CW has the cast that is more known and plus they don't need huge ratings for a show to stay. Plus abc failed with that flashforward thing, so you never know. We shall see who is right! I won't forget.

      Delete
    3. pfft, I might slip you a pill into the milk and you will forget what undies you put on yourself this morning, not less what bet we had :)

      Delete
  3. All good looking people.I am not sure whether I would be interested to watch this soap operas though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soap opera is not really the same as fantasy show or a legal one.

      Delete
  4. Too bad CW cast Kristen Kreuk. She's rather bland in both looks and talent. I'm thinking ABC's will fair better, though I'm not really hyped on their cast, either. Plus the original CBS series has a huge cult status so that automatically puts the CW behind the 8 ball.

    Hope you had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I'm not sure why ABC has picked out such a bland cast. Hope the story will be good.

      Delete
  5. Beauty and Beast looks good. I love actors with accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the 80s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST so I'm looking forward to both new versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, Lyndy, I think you're the first one to confess that you'd watched the original :)

      Delete
  7. I don't know if I can stand watching yet another Beauty and the Beast installment. I'm starting to get into Snow White these days tho.

    On a separate topic, you won another Versatile Blogger Award! You're listed #15 on my VBA award nominations list.

    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the award, I shall drop by ASAP to thank you there as well :)

      Delete
  8. Nice Beauty and the beast should be really good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to finally get to season 9 of Spooks as the hunky Max Brown is joining the cast. That show never seems to run out of gorgeous, tall Brits :D That Beauty & The Beast show sounds intriguing but unfortunately, despite how lovely she is, Kristin Kreuk can't act her way out of a paper bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max Brown really is hunky, isn't he? Even his name is hunky :)

      Delete
  10. Beauty and the Beast? I did not know about this!!!!! The CW usually comes out with great, juicy shows! Can't wait to see their twist on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should check out my spotlight on 2012/2013 TV PILOTS, you have a lot of cool shows announced there, and I personally think you will like THE SELECTION, a sf show about a girl who is about to become the princess of the intergalactic empire :)

      Delete
  11. Happy Monday Mr Dezzy!! How the devil are we today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's rainy, gloomy and only 9*C here today :) Which means, I've seen better days :)
      Hope Brighton is brighter.

      Delete
  12. That Jay Ryan guy reminds me a bit of Ron Perlman in Beast make-up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you sure? Jay is deadly gorgeous unlike Perlman :)

      Delete
  13. The Quiet Ones sounds very interesting! My kind of stuff. Although it's a bit unnerving knowing it's inspired from "true" events.

    It's rainy here too, Dez, although it's 75 degrees which means a bad Elsie hair day =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam will be there to comfort us if it gets too scary :)
      Don't mention a bad hair day. I've also taken off a mole from my forehead and have a small plaster there which means I haven't washed my head in a week :))

      Delete
  14. A live version of beauty and the beast? Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth Bradley's lovely, and Beauty & the Beast, eh? Crazy. All the fairy tales going around. I'm looking forward to the newest--BRAVE... yay! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAVE will be the best film of the year :)

      Delete
  16. Can't wait to see Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had no idea they were bring B&B back to TV. Loved the original series.

    Plus, Kristen Kreuk is so incredibly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, two different versions. Kreuk really is gorgeous!

      Delete
  18. I remember the original Beauty and the Beast. It'll be interesting to see the new version.

    THE LAST VOYAGE OF DEMETER sounds like a cool concept. I don't care too much for the title, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure but I think it's based on a graphic novel or a book, outside BRAM STOKER one.

      Delete
  19. I'll watch Max Brown in anything. He's yummy! Very excited CW picked up the series!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.