Monday, December 24, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY EXCLUSIVE SPOTLIGHT ON THE HOBBIT BOYS PART TWO: LEE PACE, AIDAN TURNER, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

So, tell me, my little Hobbits and Elves, have you seen THE HOBBIT: THE UNEXPECTED JOURNEY? It has been breaking records with hundreds of millions of dollars already earned worldwide, so I am
guessing you have. In honour of the epic fantasy, we're spotlighting the boys from the cast. First part was yesterday (and it already has thousands and thousands of readings and we also got a personal thank you tweet from dear Luke Evans), and the second one is in front of you today!

LEE PACE
ELVEN KING THRANDUIL
He definitely brings the charm of old Hollywood actors to modern times with his relaxed elegance, his magnetic charisma and his warm boy-next-door smile.  You first fell in love with Lee Pace when he
 became television star in crazy show PUSHING DAISIES where he had the power to bring dead people back to life. But the role which brought him cinematic fame was the legendary one in Tarsem's THE FALL, one of visually most striking movies ever in which Lee got the chance to shine with his radiant warmth and expressive eyes next to adorable Catinca Untaru glorifying the power of imagination and creativity. I'm thinking this is exactly where Peter Jackson noticed Lee's amazing eyes and his outstanding talent (he admitted that much himself in an interview recently) and that is how Pace got the most coveted role of Elven king Thranduil in THE HOBBIT saga.
 Here he plays the ruler of Mirkwood elves, the father of Legolas, who will in his might and power lead his elven armies against Goblins in the Battle of Five Armies. People who watched THE HOBBIT were deeply enchanted by his appearance in it even though he only has a very short scene in it. You have watched Lee earlier this year in LINCOLN and that TWILIGHT crapfest too. 
Did you know that Lee Pace was nominated for Golden Globes two times for his television work. He is the same age as his HOBBIT co-star Luke Evans. It is interesting that during his studies at Juilliard he played a lot of Shakespeare and later on he became an award winning theatre actor. He spent a big part of his childhood in Saudi Arabia since his dad was an oilman.

AIDAN TURNER
KILI THE DWARF
Now, this charming Irishman stole the spotlight when he appeared in legendary BBC television series BEING HUMAN in which he played a romantic vampire who shares a flat with a werewolf and a ghost. The role brought him an army of lady fans and it also brought him first deals in Hollywood. Before BEING HUMAN he acted in British TV series such as THE TUDORS and THE CLINIC, but after the vampire role he hit it big by scoring the role of dwarf Kili in Peter Jackson's THE HOBBIT saga. Here he plays a young dwarf noble raised under the stern guardianship of his uncle, Thorin Oakensheild. He, and his brother Fili, as skilled fighters, set off on their
adventure armed with the invincible courage of youth, neither being able to imagine the fate which lies before them. He will die later on defending Thorin at the Battle of the Five Armies! Aidan Turner has already scored another big role - he will play Luke Garroway in the movie adaptation of bestselling fantasy saga THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS. Luke Garroway is the surrogate father to the protagonist Clary Fray (Lily Collins) a young woman who learns she comes from a long line of demon hunter! It is interesting that Aidan got this role after the director saw him in THE HOBBIT footage shown at Comic-Con!

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
SMAUG THE DRAGON
Benedict Cumberbatch is lending his voice to Smaug, one of the last great dragons of Middle-earth who attacked the Dwarf kingdom of Erebor driving out the Dwarves and taking all of the treasure within. Living there for two hundred years and guarding the treasure he also makes the people of the nearby Lake-town live in constant fear that one day the sleeping dragon might awake.He will also voice the Necromancer Ruler of the stronghold of Dol Guldur in southern Mirkwood. As you know, Benedict is mostly famous for his role in BBC's worldwide hit series SHERLOCK, but he is also appreciated for his roles in acclaimed mini series such as TO THE
ENDS OF THE EARTH, THE LAST ENEMY and PARADE'S END. It is very interesting that he often plays in historical movies and films so we have seen him in TO KILL A KING, AMAZING GRACE, THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL, ATONEMENT, CREATION. You saw him in Steven Spielberg's WAR HORSE and in TINKER TAYLOR SOLDIER SPY. He has quite a lot of upcoming projects: beside THE HOBBIT saga he will also work in AUGUST OSAGE COUNTY next to Meryl Streep and Ewan McGregor, as villainous Khan in STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, in another historical film TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE with Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt, and in a JULIAN ASSANGE biopic.

36 comments:

  1. Aidan, Aidan, Aidan...Kili and Uncle Thorin...heaven!

    I miss Mitchell in Being Human, I still watch the show, but not the same without Mitchell and George. I'm very much looking forward to the next two Hobbit movies and seeing more of Aidan, Lee, and hearing the voice of Cumberbatch!

    Thanks for two glorious days Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also stopped watching BEING HUMAN, since that show has lost its essence without Mitchell and Georgy :(
      Glad you enjoyed it, Fabo :) I'm so glad that some of the celebs mentioned in the posts enjoyed it too :)

      Delete
    2. Oh noooo, I accidentally read that comment and since I'm behind on Being Human, I didn't know they left the show.

      Bummer :-(

      Delete
    3. bummer indeed :( I still haven't come over George being kicked out of the show, I watched it mostly for him.

      Delete
    4. Why did he get kicked off? He was the best part. Saw him on Sherlock, thought he did great there. Just a fun actor to watch.

      Delete
    5. I forgot, it is possible that he left the show himself, I think I did have a post on it but it was long time ago :( I've always watched the show for him, he is so adorable, I wish he played THE HOBBIT.

      Delete
    6. I am still new to your blog, so I missed the post. But he's a good actor, I'm sure he'll pop up more and more. Or at least, I hope so.

      Delete
    7. fingers crossed! So far, he mostly played in British projects. Did you know that he is gay? :) Charming :)

      Delete
    8. I didn't no. But even though the vampire has that smouldering thing going on, I still liked George better because he was funny and cute.

      Delete
    9. and we lurv him because he often shows his naked bum in the show after his werewolf nights :)

      Delete
  2. Haven't braved the crowds to see The Hobbit yet, but we went and saw Lincoln yesterday. Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing in it and the rest of the movie was enjoyable too. Although slowly paced and dialogue heavy, the movie was not boring at all. Well worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame on you, Debs, how can you not watch THE HOBBIT this December? :) Now, of you go to the first cinema and watch it lest HOLLYWOOD SPY punishes you :)

      Delete
  3. Now that's a holiday post, Dezzy. Such a handsome, talented cast. But where is Martin Freeman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting him, he is not very noticeable, is he? Now, if James McAvoy got the role instead of him, that would've been another story :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely update Dezzy ~ Will have to finished all my cooking and baking before I can watch this movei ~

    Hot, you say ~ Smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must watch it, Heaven, when you finish all the festive chores :)

      Very hot it will be this Tuesday :) I've been naughtier than usual LOL

      Delete
  5. "TWILIGHT crapfest" Hehe!!

    I can't wait to hear Benedict as Smaug. I sure love him as Sherlock.

    I'm on bloggy-break till Jan., and want to wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas and continued blessings in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say it as it is :)

      Thanks, Jane, we shall miss you! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

      Delete
  6. Love Benedict and he really seems to have embraced the whole formidable foe character for Into Darkness. Can't wait to see him in The Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dezzy - the fam and I are going to go see this movie during the holidays. Can't wait. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You heard from Luke!! I hope he liked all the naughty talk about him :)

    Lee is elegant isn't he and I know the makeup made all the cast look different but for some reason his really strikes me.

    Aiden-be still my beating heart!! The whole of the country is fair to passing out over his success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :) I told you he will read it and enjoy it, and that he will have a devilish smile on his lovely face while reading your and mine naughty talk about him :)

      I think it is about Lee's thick eyebrows, they always look amazing on men, and plus his eyes radiate immense warmth all the time, you probably saw it if you watched some of his films.

      Delete
  9. How very wonderful of Luke! Such a nice man, which makes him even sexier. ;)

    Aiden, Aiden, Aiden...At least his dwarf makeup isn't as full on as the others so we can still see his handsome face. I miss him on Being Human and haven't watched it since he and the awesome George left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we adore Luke to no extent :) I watched IMMORTALS again last night and reminded myself again how much worship both Luke and Henry!

      Delete
    2. Yes they are definitely two of the sexiest gods of my idolatry. ;))

      Delete
    3. always were always will be :)

      Delete
  10. I liked Aiden in Being Human, very sexy, and I cannot resist smarty pants Sherlock/Benedict. Nice trio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was delightful in BEING HUMAN. At first I didn't like him, because I liked the amazing actor who played Mitchell in the pilot episode, but later on he grew on me :)

      Delete
  11. It will be difficult for BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH to be Smaug!I can't say that he looks like the Dragon!
    Not see the "Hobbit one" yet: only 3D in my town, grrrrrrrrrrrr!

    Merry Christmas, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He only lands the voice, Samwise :)
      We do not like 3D :(
      Happy Holidays to you as well, and to your family!

      Delete
    2. 3D movie is like a video game: it looks like a game, but it's not a game!

      Delete
    3. I imagine it would give me headaches :(

      Delete
  12. I've been avoiding watching trailers recently - until I get to see the movie (next week!) so I didn't realize Aidin was in it - Being Human was a fun series!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.