Saturday, April 19, 2014

1ST PICS OF MICHAEL FASSBENDER & MARION COTILLARD IN 'MACBETH'! CHRIS PINE IN OIL TANKER DISASTER MOVIE 'THE FINEST HOURS'! STEVEN SPIELBERG PRODUCING THE ADAPTATION OF 'THE KIDNAPPING OF EDGARDO MORTARA' 19TH CENTURY DRAMA

  CHRIS PINE
IN 'THE FINEST HOURS'
While the world is currently following the tragedy of the sinking ship in Asia, Hollywood will deal with ships in trouble in another new movie: according to 'The Hollywood Reporter' Chris Pine is negotiating to take the lead role in THE FINEST HOURS a movie based on the true story of two oil tankers which were caught in the middle of a vicious Nor'easter storm off the coast of New England in 1952. Both ships were split in two, causing the crew members to be hurled into the sea, when the Coast Guard mounted a heroic rescue mission. We shall also watch Chris Pine later this year as Cinderella's prince in INTO THE WOODS fantasy movie with Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp and Emily Blunt.

  STEVEN SPIELBERG
TO PRODUCE 'THE KIDNAPPING OF EDGARDO MORTARA'   
Well, since it's Easter, here's a religious topic for you: Steven Spielberg has signed on to produce, and possibly direct, the big screen adaptation of THE KIDNAPPING OF EDGARDO MORTARA book by David Kertzer! The book tells the true story of a seven year old Italian-Jewish boy, who was controversially removed from his parents in 1858, by the authority of the Papal States, who raised him as a Catholic. He went on to become a priest in the Augustinian order. Spielberg is currently trying to cut the budget for his sf epic ROBOPOCALYPSE with Chris Hemsworth, and is also writing MONTEZUMA historical epic!

1ST 'MACBETH' PICS  
 WITH MICHAEL FASSBENDER AND MARION COTILLARD!
But the main treat today are the first pictures showing Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard in the new movie adaptation of MACBETH which is currently in production! Directed by Justin Kurzel will be set in the 11th century and will have the original dialogues from the Shakespeare's play about the ambitious Scottish lord who uses devious plans to become king and his even more ambitious wife!

42 comments:

  1. So tragic about that ferry capsizing.

    And I'd never heard the story of the New England rescue at sea. Could make for a good movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially since we always hear that the crew was the first one to escape those wrecked ships :( I've seen it too: when US was bombing us back in 1999. I remember that when I was once in a train when the bombs started falling, the conductors and the driver of the train were the first one to runaway leaving us all passengers to just sit there and figure out what to do ourselves :)

      Delete
    2. I guess that's why those heroic stories are so rare.

      AND, oh, Macbeth is going to be a beautiful cinematic story methinks. Thanks for the pics. Fassbender will make a wonderful Macbeth. :))

      Delete
    3. he will put the Mac in Beth :) /in my language MAC is the word we use when we call cats to come to us :) and he's a real tomcat isn't he?

      Delete
  2. Not a Chris Pine fan, but the movie itself sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those true story movies are always especially touching and moving

      Delete
  3. Chris Pine looks like he could survive!
    I do love MACBETH I hope it is a great rendition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm deeply excited about MACBETH! Always loved the play and the cast is amazing. I'm so happy they've ditched that godawful Natalie UnImportant and hired Cotillard, although Blanchett would be my choice for the role

      Delete
    2. I would have gone with Blanchett too. An amazing actress with real gravitas.

      Delete
    3. she'd rule that role... and she and Fassy would've made an outstanding couple :)

      Delete
    4. And I couldn't agree more with Wendy. So tell me, what were you people talking about?

      Delete
    5. about Fassy Bending an Elven queen.....

      Delete
  4. I hope that Macbeth will live up ...don't know if my translation's right...anyway, I hope Macbeth will be a good adaptation!
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will too, Phil, we do love those historical movies more than anything. The only problematic thing could be the use of original dialogues... it will be difficult to follow

      Delete
  5. Michael Fassbender will make a powerful Macbeth, I'm sure. And all of Spielberg's upcoming projects sound great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed on both, Debs! I really hope Steven will manage to make MONTEZUMA since we haven't had movies on Incas, Aztecs, Mayans and similar tribes

      Delete
  6. I can't think of a better prince charming that Christopher Pine:)
    Happy Easter, Dez dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he is perfect for the prince role and Fassy for the MacNaughty role :)
      Hope you are spending Easter with the kids and grandkids, dear

      Delete
  7. The Finest Hours sounds intriguing since it's based on a true story. I'd not heard about Johnny Depp playing in a Cinderella story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he plays a big bad wolf :) The film will have a number of famous fairy tale characters

      Delete
  8. Cinderella.... her again? Macbeth is my favorite play. I sure hope those hollyheads didn't insert 3D dinosaurs to spice up the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they might've even dressed the dino in a kilt....

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I'd be impressed if I peaked under that kilt.

      Delete
    3. It might bite you though....

      Delete
    4. Well, in that case I think I'll pass.

      Delete
    5. wise decision, a Jurassic one, we might call it

      Delete
  9. Steven Spielberg is a busy, busy man, huh?
    I love a good fairytale, however, I am not a big Chris Pine fan. Hopefully, Into the Woods is still a good one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. busy, but both those other two projects are expensive and probably won't get into production any time soon unless he cuts the budget down

      Delete
  10. We read MACBETH in my British Lit class in 12th grade. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the best one of Shakespeare's plays

      Delete
    2. One of my favourites is A Midsummer Nights Dream.

      Delete
    3. mine too, dear, you know I played Puck in High School LOL

      Delete
  11. Lots of good stuff here, Dez, and I thing Marion will be perfect at Lady Macbeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed. She will be grieving a loss of child in the beginning of the film and that will be the source of her dissatisfaction

      Delete
  12. Stephen Spielberg is keeping himself so busy, why would he need to worry about staying under a budget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because the movie is too expensive and he had flops in his recent career so the risk is big for the studio

      Delete
  13. I've seen so many adaptations of Macbeth, but none with Fassbender in it. Hamlet is a daunting role and doing it in the original language adds pressure. I hope he inhabits that character well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, I have no doubts he will do a marvellous job, I'm just not sure the wider audience will be able to enjoy the movie with the original dialogues

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.