Saturday, April 4, 2015

NEW BIBLICAL EPIC SERIES TO WATCH EASTER 2015: 'DOVEKEEPERS', 'KILLING JESUS', 'A.D. THE BIBLE CONTINUES'! 'KATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA' EPIC MOVIE WITH PETER O'TOOLE

BIBLICAL EPIC TV SERIES
 TO WATCH ON TV THIS EASTER
Since Easter weekend is ahead of us, I will remind you that most networks are airing their new Biblical historical mini series with DOVEKEEPERS at CBS and A.D. THE BIBLE CONTINUES at NBC. Meanwhile, National Geographic has already started airing KILLING JESUS series on all their worldwide Cable channels on Sundays. Kelsey Grammer plays King Herod, the unrelenting and ambitious Roman King of Judea, who attempted to kill Jesus (Haaz Sleiman) at his birth, in the story which will chronicle the life of Jesus of at a time of intense political and social and conflict in the Roman Empire that ultimately led to his death! The series also stars Stephen Moyer as Pontius Pilate, Rufus Sewell, Eoin Macken, John Rhys Davies, Aneurin Barnard, Tamsin Egerton. Read more about their roles in our spotlight!

'KATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA' 
 PETER O'TOOLE'S LAST ROLE
Another project in the epic genre to watch this Easter is Peter O'Toole's last movie FALL OF AN EMPIRE which is out in UK this Sunday also known as DECLINE OF AN EMPIRE (on DVD in USA) or KATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA 

ANGELS SHALL SUFFER NO MORE
Katherine of Alexandria (Nicole Keniheart), brought up as a nomad and living in the desert, was aged just 11 when Emperor Maxentius saw her whilst out on patrol. Consumed by her beauty, impudence and uncanny talent for languages, he abducted the child, killing her family. The slaughter was witnessed by her young friend, Constantine (Jack Goddard), who would later become Emperor of the Western Roman Empire. He never lost hope of finding Katherine. As a young woman, Katherine refused to submit to Maxentius' offers of marriage and she continually denounced his brutal enforcement of pagan religion upon the masses. Still obsessed with her beauty, Maxentius brought Katherine before 50 of Rome's finest scholars in an open court in Alexandria, where she eloquently demolished their arguments. When Constantine learned of Katherine's whereabouts and imprisonment at the hands of Maxentius, he led his army from York in a desperate bid to save her.

18 comments:

  1. Hey so many films, so little Sundays... I am going to be Fast and Furious 7... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I only find the time to watch my weekly shows on the weekends and so many films on the list to watch... probably summer... summer is the time we catch up

      Delete
  2. Those look very engrossing. I've got to see Peter O'Toole's last film. I've enjoyed his work for years. Did you know the video won't play in my part of the world? It's blocked for copyright reasons. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he it's probably the UK version, you can find US version at YouTube. I will change it ASAP for other readers too!

      Delete
  3. Not really my thing today, though I do love Alice Hoffman and have been meaning to read her novel The Dovekeepers for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you expect, it's Friday :) I expect tomorrow to be even worse :)
      DOVEKEEPERS is airing in all its four hours tomorrow evening at a cable channel here, but I'm not sure I'd survive that long :(

      Delete
    2. Instead of watching those I'm going to stew in my jealousy over the UK getting to watch the new episodes of Poldark while I have to wait two more months. I will be very pruny by the time June gets here. :P

      Delete
    3. I've downloaded the first two episodes :) but will first watch THE ROYALS since I'm currently in the mood for spicy Hurley :) POLDARK will wait a bit.... I stopped WOLF HALL at the third episode, it was almost unwatchable and so dreary. OUTLANDER returns too, but I'm not sure I will continue watching it after the mild first part of the season.

      Delete
  4. Peter O'Toole...a legend! Decline of an Empire...could be an epic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was one of the last true acting legends

      Delete
  5. Movies and TV seem to want to make all the money off of the religious watchers these days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds all very nice, but I'm obsessed with "Empresses in the Palace," episode # 24.

    Have a lovely weekend... holiday if you celebrate too.(smile)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're already at episode 24? :) Isn't that a total binge :)
      I celebrated as a kid, but now not since I don't have a family

      Delete
  7. I think I'll just stick to watching what's on Netflix this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like a plan! I will watch X FACTOR Adria on Sunday and probably THE ROYALS tonight :)

      Delete
  8. More rebooted history than I can take.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.