Monday, June 1, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON EXCITING NEW SF SHOW 'HUMANS' WITH TRAILER AND PHOTOS STARRING COLIN MORGAN, WILL TUDOR, GEMMA CHAN AND WILLIAM HURT!

'HUMANS' SF SERIES
WITH COLIN MORGAN, WILLIAM HURT, GEMMA CHAN,WILL TUDOR
Somebody commented last week on one of our posts saying that it seems we are going to have a sf summer, and it really seems we will especially considering the latest in the whole series of new science fiction shows that are coming to us this summer which we are spotlighting today - HUMANS, a co-production between British Channel 4 and American AMC. I'm definitely checking it out on June 14th in UK and June 28th when it premiers in USA, since it stars one of our most beloved TV stars, magical Colin Morgan (MERLIN, THE FALL) alongside another of our faves, dashing Will Tudor (GAME OF THRONES, RED TENT), and William Hurt, Katherine Parkinson, Tom Goodman Hill, Rebecca Front, Neil Maskell, and gorgeous Gemma Chan! The show has had a rather interesting marketing campaign over in UK where actual ads for robots were placed around the cities along with computer programmes which people could use to see what their own lookalike robot would look like.

WANNA BUY A SYNTH?
Based on the award-winning Swedish sci-fi drama 'Real Humans', HUMANS will, through eight episodes, be set in a parallel present, where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a ‘Synth’ – a highly developed robotic servant eerily similar to its live counterpart. In the hope of transforming the way they live, one strained suburban family purchases a refurbished synth only to discover that sharing life with a machine has far-reaching and chilling consequences.

35 comments:

  1. A SF summer with Humans? Why not? Love the first two posters...and the stars inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, HUMANS, DARK MATTER, KILLJOYS, DOMINION, DEFIANCE... just some of the sf shows coming or returning next month :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're so wordy today, Blue!

      Delete
    2. Not feeling too well, is all. I was thinking SF series are usually Grace Anatomy in disguise.

      Delete
    3. I know, Blue, I was just trying to cheer you up! Sending you positive energy! And healing thoughts

      Delete
    4. any better today? Tomorrow?

      Delete
    5. Plus it's a sunny day. (Knock on wood.) What wood?

      Delete
    6. go and massage it if it's wooden enough

      Delete
  3. Great article! Thank you! I can't wait for the magical Colin Morgan as Leo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he will make the show worth watching! Love what they did with his hair!

      Delete
  4. I'm with Blue. Ummm. This doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I am sure there are some that will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ain't gonna miss it because I adore Colin Morgan and Will Tudor too!

      Delete
    2. She is with me, Dezz. Get that? :p

      Delete
  5. The advertising has been really clever. I must admit, when I first saw it on TV, I was taken in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colin Morgan has been missing from my tv for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at our Colin looking scruffy and so grown up. This looks to be a very complex story with a lot of philosophy to grapple with. The cast is superb as well. Definitely going to be getting into this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it will have a multilayered message! And maybe a metaphorical parallel to our society and reality.
      We do positively adore Colin and we would marry him if he would but have us! The same goes for that blond god Will Tudor!

      Delete
    2. I think it will explore the nature of relationships and attachments. How they form, how important they are and what happens when those things become unhealthy. It should prove to be one of those shows that sparks good conversation.

      i'm wearing lavender at the wedding darling!

      Delete
    3. Ooooh! Have you chosen the dress already or just the colour?

      Delete
  8. A syfy summer does sound pretty legit...but how about some beach shows?! I guess I'll be sticking to SpongeBob. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about beach shows this year!

      Delete
    2. How about a real beach? How about a movie that is called....

      Bloggers on Bora

      Delete
    3. I would need to buy a diving suit since I do not appear in speedos in public....

      Delete
  9. Humans sounds interesting, for sure! I loved Black Mirror on Netflix--it was a British show with each episode showing how technology could change our lives. They're making a movie out of one of them with some big stars attached...sounds like they're going to "Hollywood" it down, so it'll just be a cheesy shell of it's former self, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITS. I hate when I have a typo and can't correct it!

      Delete
    2. Brits have brilliant shows... intelligent and deep unlike most of the US ones :)

      Delete
    3. Don't make me get someone to tickle you!

      Delete
    4. tickle me where, tickle me with what, tickle me who?

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.