Thursday, September 17, 2015

TOM HOLLANDER, IAN MCSHANE LEAD ITV'S NEW HISTORICAL DRAMA 'DOCTOR THORNE' FROM 'DOWNTON ABBEY'S' JULIAN FELLOWES! LI BINGBING TO LEAD 'NEST' SF MOVIE

LI BINGBING  
TAKES THE LEAD ROLE IN 'NEST' SF MOVIE
As 'Deadline' reports super gorgeous Chinese star Li Bingbing (you remember her from sf movies TRANSFORMERS and RESIDENT EVIL, fantasy epic SNOW GIRL AND THE DARK CRYSTAL, and historical drama SNOW FLOWER AND THE SECRET FAN) has signed on to play the lead role in NEST,  which is being planned as the largest ever budgeted Chinese Australian coproduction. To be filmed in 3D, NEST tells the tale of a team of scientists who discover a swarm of deadly, intelligent and carnivorous funnel web spiders. Battling through an ancient labyrinth, the team must learn the secret behind the spiders’ heightened abilities before its too late. 



'DOCTOR THORNE' SERIES FROM 
 'DOWNTON ABBEY' CREATOR
Looks like we're again getting bored aristocrats from Julian Fellowes whose new series has just got its cast! Tom Hollander and Ian McShane will lead the cast of ITV's new period set three part drama DOCTOR THORNE based on Anthony Throllope novel which Weinstein Co. will distribute worldwide!
TOM HOLLANDER AND IAN MCSHANE LEAD THE CAST  
It will follow Dr Thomas Thorne (Tom Hollander), who lives with his penniless niece Mary (Stefanie Martini). When Lady Arabella Gresham (Rebecca Front) finds out that her son Frank (Harry Richardson) is in love with Mary, she is horrified and believes it is his duty to make a rich marriage to save their family estate - after her husband Francis Gresham Senior (Richard McCabe) has frittered away their fortune. Scheming with her sister-in-law (Phoebe Nicholls) and niece (Kate O'Flynn), Arabella targets wealthy American heiress Martha Dunstable (Alison Brie). Ian McShane is alcoholic railway millionaire Sir Roger Scatcherd, while Cressida Bonas is Mary's friend and confidante Patience Oriel.

22 comments:

  1. So is Li Bingbing the sister of Fan Bingbing? It's hard to keep all these Bingbings straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've positively no idea... I can't even distinguish most of them one from another. But I do know that Li is much much older than Fan. Li above is over forty

      Delete
  2. I must be the only person in the world that doesn't follow the Abbey series. And I'd probably really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not. I ain't following either :) Watched the first season and found it utterly boring... and as you know I watch all historical shows :) It was just rather torturous and a rather bad casting too in it

      Delete
    2. What! What!? I LOVE Downton Abbey! It's becoming one of my favorites! It did start off slow, but I am eagerly awaiting season 6!

      Delete
    3. Well more to watch for you :PP I just can't stand Dockery's utter absence of expression and the boring stories in it... Sophie McSheera and Hugh Boneville are probably the only good things in it. I much preferred BBC's UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS.. which had a marvellous cast, truly marvellous

      Delete
    4. I'll have to add that to my list and see what it's all about :) I do agree, Dockery does have a bit of a monotone expression most episodes.

      Delete
    5. UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS, the two newer seasons are much more realistic and more fun too, and the cast if brilliant

      Delete
  3. I have to catch up with Downton Abbey, I'm going to wait eagerly for Doctor Thorne.
    Tell me Dez, where do you get all this info from :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From all around.. unlike most movie sites, I have worldwide sources too which is why I cover ranges wider than just Hollywood :)

      Delete
  4. Do you know anything about the next Broadchurch? Or the next Doc Martin? I could google...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched an episode of Downton Abbey. People seem to like it. Hopefully, I'm not missing too much by not watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I don't remember her from Transformers. Those movies suck. I hope she doesn't. Wait... delete that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen any of those.... I tend to avoid Michael Bay keep the Bay at bay!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.