Friday, February 19, 2016

EMILY BLUNT ENTERS TALKS FOR 'MARY POPPINS 2'! 'DESPITE THE FALLING SNOW' TRAILER WITH SAM REID, REBECCA FERGUSON, CHARLES DANCE, OLIVER JACKSON COHEN!

EMILY BLUNT IS
 DISNEY'S NEW 'MARY POPPINS'!
I've informed you about this last Autumn, but now it has been confirmed that Emily Blunt, the actress in highest demand in Hollywood currently, has officially entered talks to star in MARY POPPINS 2 for Disney! Taking place some twenty years after the original movie the sequel will be set in the 1930s London, following the adult Michael Banks, who now has children of his own. When his big sister Jane returns to town, after falling on hard times, their beloved Mary Poppins comes back to help.The movie will follow some of other MARY POPPINS books that P.L. Travers wrote. Rob Marshall (CHICAGO, INTO THE WOODS) is directing with new songs being written for the movie. It will be quite a road for Emily Blunt to go from the ice queen in HUNTSMAN and a drunkard in GIRL ON THE TRAIN (both opening this year) to a beloved nanny!

'DESPITE THE FALLING SNOW'
TRAILER WITH SAM REID, REBECCA FERGUSON, CHARLES DANCE
Your trailer for today is a rather artistic one for period set action thriller drama DESPITE THE FALLING SNOW the adaptation of Shamim Sarif's novel and she is also directing it. Out this April in cinemas and boasting a stellar cast with Sam Reid, Rebecca Ferguson, Charles Dance, Oliver Jackson Cohen and Anthony Head, it is set in two time periods. In 1959, Cold War-era Moscow, Katya (Ferguson) romances a young and idealistic politician, Alexander (Reid) in order to steal secrets. But when she falls in love with him, she finds herself torn between her commitment to spying for the US and this young Russian - as all the while, the authorities close in. Then, 30 years later as the Cold War ends, an older Alexander (Dance) and his artist niece try to finally uncover what happened to Katya all those years before.

9 comments:

  1. Both sound good but very different from each other, of course! Unless there was more to Mary Poppins than we knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second was shot here in Belgrade a few years ago :) I can't believe Olie Jackson and Sam Reid were here and I did not stalk them!

      Delete
  2. Considering how much PL Travers hated the hated the first movie, I kind of picture her rolling over in her grave right about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she found Julie Andrews irritating? :) Or the songs? This sequel has a blessing from the original composer

      Delete
  3. I loved Mary Poppins as a child. Watched it again with my girls a few years back and wanted to shoot myself. I absolutely hated it! Mariah went to her room about 15 minutes after it started. Allison loved it and watched it through. I only sat through it because I insisted it was so great the kids had to watch it with me, I didn't want my credibility tarnished. Unfortunately, with Mariah, it was lol. I think Emily will make a wonderful Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the movie myself :) I did remember the scenes from my Disney Movies Glossy Book that I had as a kid. Emily will be wonderful and her little Hazel will love seeing moma flying with an umbrella :)

      Delete
  4. Despite the Falling Snow trailer makes me want to find out more. From Snow Queen to Mary Poppins to an alcoholic ( Girl On a Train), Emily Blunt is definitely a versatile actress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I know you love Middle and Southern European architecture, you can see a lot of Belgrade in the trailer since the movie was shot here.

      Delete
  5. Emily Blunt for Marry Poppins! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.